[TenTec] Centurion input

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Centurion input
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 13:50:42 +0000
I'm aware of the relatively high swr on the Centurion input up near the top of 75 meters but my measurements elsewhere show that it's not too bad, around 1.3 to 1.5:1. However, you might try varying the length of feedline between the exciter and the amp if it happens to be an unfavorable length. Usually the shorter the line the better. If it's already just a few feet long and that doesn't help, I think the method most hams employ next is some kind of matching circuit between the exciter and the amp, either a small low power manual tuner or one of the automatic tuners like the ones LDG makes. I don't believe the Centurion is designed for the user to go in and mess around with the tuned input circuits. That doesn't mean that you can't go in and change some things; it's that it's not like the old Henry amps where you were supposed to tune the inputs on each band as part of the installation.

Rob Atkinson K5UJ

<<Hi

Does anyone have experience to reduce IN-filter for lower SWR.
On new tubes and with small 2nd rig we need a bit more drive.

A bit difficult job to add some components , even java calculator gives
values easy.

Mark OH3LX.>>