Re: [TenTec] K2/100, Orion review

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] K2/100, Orion review
From: tongaloa <tongaloa@alltel.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 13:48:27 -0500
Kc9cdt@aol.com wrote:

OK,
I'm confused (puzzzled).

If ORION was designed for contesting AND weak DX work. THE WHY DID TT LEAVE OUT A KEY FEATURE? PTT FOR CW?

I am currently interested in the DX capabilities, BUT maybe will get real into contesting some day.

Sounds like everyone needs to firmly sugest to TT that we need that change, even if it means sending ORION back to get it updated.

Another question, with all of the reviews, WHY IS IT NONE OF THEM COMPLAINED ABOUT THIS?

Lee

PTT is one way to skin the cat. How about an amp that handles the sequencing? Pug ones key into the amp. The amp then keys the exciter. I've not seen one, perhaps they are out there, but a little external box to handle key sequencing, that may be adjusted for the gear in use, makes a lot of sense as a product for the pushbutton, wondows, autotune, world...

Or, build your own.
-t