[TenTec] Orion Prog AGC Threshold

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion Prog AGC Threshold
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 10:06:52 -0500
KC9CDT wrote:
>Bill,
YES, THAT WOULD BE SWEET. I too would like that as I am always tweaking the
threshold. AND wow, it really is a nice feature to be able to adjust it. I seem
to never touch the RF Gain control, always the AGC Threshold.

        Huh????  I never suggested a change.  I said that I normally adjust
Threshold ONCE for a particular band and noise condition and then don't
need to touch it unless the band/noise conditions change.  I DO adjust RF
GAIN down for VERY weak signals, but that is typically <1% of signals.
Until you learn to adjust Threshold, I would leave it highlighted in the
Menu-RX so you can modify it, but once you learn to set and forget it
I see no need to do this directly from the front panel.

        What you're proposing sounds complex to me.  I guess I like it the
way it is now.  One thing I would like is a more direct way to change the
roofing filters without going into Menu-Filter.

73, Bill W4ZV