Re: [TenTec] Orion Filter Controls

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Filter Controls
From: Bob Henderson <bob@cytanet.com.cy>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 15:00:06 +0000
Not on mine it doesn't! When I adjust the low cut control the whole passband image moves back and forth. I agree the upper side should be anchored but it ain't!

It's starting to appear that Ten Tec must have reserved a special Orion for you, Grant. Yours doesn't seem to suffer from any of the gremlins affecting others.

What version of firmware are you running? Mine is 1.366, as 1.367 brought with it an unwelcome sidetone bug.

Bob, 5B4AGN, P3F

Grant Youngman wrote:

Yes the 'LOW CUT' needs work.

Low cut representation on the screen appears to indicate what is happening quite precisely. The "upper" side of the digram stays fixed, showing no change in frequency, while the "lower" side slides up and down reflecting the degree to which "low cut" is in effect.

The display appears to be working correctly.

Grant/NQ5T