Re: [TenTec] Orion Filter Controls

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Filter Controls
From: Sinisa Hristov <shristov@ptt.yu>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 18:11:54 -0500
Bill Tippett wrote:

>          Because you really need to do this for all SSB filters,
> in both TX and RX, and you don't want to be adjusting it each
> time.  It is just most noticeable with narrow 2.0 or 1.8 filters.
> SHIFT in the MP only takes care of the RX issue and you would
> need to adjust it each time you go to SSB (like Orion below).

When using Inrad 1.8 kHz SSB filter I have to move SHIFT
approximately 1 division, otherwise audio response starts
above 500 Hz. And the direction is not the same for USB and LSB :-(
But with 2400 Hz filter SHIFT has to be centered.
Thus, switching filters demands adjusting SHIFT,
which is horrible, but cannot be avoided using menus.

So, I reset USB/LSB shifts in 8-x menus to zeros,
and adjust 9-x menus for nominal audio response
with 2400 Hz filter. Then apply SHIFT for 1800 Hz filter.

73,

Sinisa  YT1NT, VA3TTN