Re: [TenTec] E-ham Bad Orion Review

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] E-ham Bad Orion Review
From: "Tommy" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:24:50 -0400
I sure agree with you Grant.

The 'mine doesn't do that' remarks made me go back over my v1.371 problem
several times.  Even  though I was convinced that RFI had nothing to do with
the problem, I did buy a handful of split ferrites and put them on every
connection to the Orion...didn't help, but didn't hurt  either. I was quite
concerned that it was I who had actually done something wrong because it was
not until several days later that three or four others chimed in that  they
were having the exact same  problem. Although TT acknowledged the v1.371
problem, I still had to go over it several times to make sure it was not the
proverbial 'operator error' that does appear occasionally at  this  QTH.

I think you have to read each suggestion and use your own filter to weed out
the  ones that certainly don't pretain, and give each one some
creditability.

Tom -W4BQF