[TenTec] Tennessee Dreamin'

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Tennessee Dreamin'
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 23:46:14 +0000
<<<It came out at $495 (with one band module).... and it was produced for over
ten years.... It was a success, I would think.....>>>

Okay I'll take a correction on that.

<<<>Abt 25 yrs ago, TT also made a cw only xceiver. Century 21. I don't
believe it went over all that well either.

It was popular and you see a lot of them on Ebay. It became outdated when the new WARC bands appeared after 1981.>>>

I clearly recall there wasn't exactly a stampede to buy them but I guess it all depends on
how you define "popular." I recall there was some discontent over the price for a rig
that only did cw and nothing else, but i will concede that it did cw very well.

I would not equate "lot of them on ebay" with popularity.

73,
Rob/K5UJ