Re: [TenTec] Tennessee Dreamin'

To: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Tennessee Dreamin'
From: "Mike Hyder -N4NT-" <mike_n4nt@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 10:35:24 -0400
Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me!

Mike N4NT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 10:13 AM

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 21:53:53 -0400, Mike Hyder  -N4NT- wrote:

>Maybe if you rewrite your response it'll make more sense to me.  As it is,
>my mind doesn't follow your logic.  By the way, where did you hook your
>meter to measure free space's impedance as 377 ohms?
>
>If we're guessing, though, I'd say that doubling ones power would seem to
>more than double the received signal voltage.  Maybe you're an engineer and
>can explain why it wouldn't or maybe someone else can answer my question.

You need to study the basic stuff in the ARRL Handbook, just like the rest
of us did
when we started out. Jim Duffer gave you a very good explanation. You don't
need
to measure the voltage in free space -- alll you need to do is measure it
somewhere
(like at your receiver input) and compare the ratio of before and after
(that is, at
different power levels).

Jim K9YC