Re: [TenTec] Tennessee Dreamin'

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Tennessee Dreamin'
From: "James Duffer" <dufferjames@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 19:14:23 -0500
You didn't mention any change in impedance so assuming an impedance of 10 Ohms, a voltage of 10 volts would then result of power of 10 watts. Now doubling the power to 20 watts, and assuming no change in resistance the resulting voltage would be 14.14 volts so the answer to your question, if it was a question, is no, the voltage did not quadruple, it only increased by the square route of the increase in power ratio.

powe ratios result in a 3 dB change for doubleing, voltage ratios (assuming equal impedance) would be 6 dB for a doubling. Now when power is doubled measured at the 50 ohm output, what would be the change field in strength (volts/meter) measured at the impedance of free space (377 Ohms) My guess would be 3 dB. What is your guess?