Re: [TenTec] 100 w. mobile rig

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 100 w. mobile rig
From: Bwana Bob <wb2vuf@qsl.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 08:55:56 -0400
I couldn't resist commenting. What a "cop-out"! Toyota means, "We
didn't  put any EMI suppression in this car and the little testing we
did showed horrible problems." Subaru did the same thing years ago when
they advised "shielding the antenna".

Wonder what happens when someone places a cell phone call, drives past
a  broadcast station or a trucker with a high-powered CB set.

Seriously, auto manufacturers DO conduct EMI tests, if only to avoid
liability issues.

The only problems I ever experienced was a little flicker in the
tachometer when the TX was keyed and a minor upset to the cruise
control. I think I fixed both problems by moving the antenna.

                        73,

                        Bob WB2VUF

  Some brands such as the Prius state not to run radio