Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ firmware rev.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ firmware rev.
From: Jason Buchanan <jsb@digistar.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 23:24:50 -0400
Steve N4LQ wrote:

This is getting interesting. He checked and his 6+ has rev 1.02. Again, mine
is 1.03. Then I found this in the archives:
http://lists.contesting.com/archives/html/TenTec/2001-09/msg00106.html
So it appears that maybe they screwed up the keying inorder to reduce the
chirp. I will find out for sure Sunday. I plan to exchange his chip for mine
and see what happens.
If anyone else out there knows anything about this, please chime in!

I cracked my VI / Option 1 open and found logic ROM 1.02 in mine... All reports from near and far all give me perfect reports for quality of the CW note (no klix, etc.).

But I am not equipped here to test QSK short of tuning to a broadcast station on 40 meters and keying against the carrier - i.e., I don't have a way to measure my dits on a scope 'cause I don't have a scope.

hope this helps........   Jason N1SU