Re: [TenTec] Disolving pto grease

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Disolving pto grease
From: Tim Long <tlong2@nycap.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 20:07:33 -0400
I used Gumout. Didn't observe any attack on the plastic parts. Back together and silky smooth. I would NOT say that all carbeurator cleaners are equivalent and safe. Just don't know. Maybe the TT employees that are members of this list can let us know what the factory uses???

Tim, W2UI

Steve N4LQ wrote:

I've been using WD40 to dissolve old PTO grease but am looking for something better. WD is slow and requires a lot of manual cleaning to completely remove all the goo. Keep in mind that some of the parts are plastic so I don't want anything that would soften it. Any recommendations?

Steve N4LQ