Re: [TenTec] Disolving pto grease

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Disolving pto grease
From: Clark Savage Turner <csturner@kcbx.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 17:22:35 -0700
Well, you can't run out to Wal Mart to get this (well, I haven't checked) but at any bicycle shop you should be able to find "White Lightning" - it is a degreasing lubricant, specifically designed to remove old, dried bicycle grease. It works.

I use White Lightning to remove the grease from my PTO's. Then I wipe them clean. Then I add just a little Tri Flow (good stuff), then I cover it in white bicycle grease. It has worked very well for me in my many, many PTO rebuilds over the last years.

Clark
WA3JPG