Re: [TenTec] Zero beating.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Zero beating.
From: w8au@sssnet.com
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 15:25:39 -0500
At 01:32 PM 3/25/05, Ken Brown wrote:
>Zero beating your transmit signal to that of the station you are calling
>is not necessarily the best thing to do.  Even in a ragchew or round table
>QSO, when signal levels permit, it is nice to hear a variety of tones
>intead of all the same note.

Amen Ken!!  You have "raised THIS flag, and I salute it!  :-)

When two and three guys in the roundtable are exactly on the same freq and
all using keyers or keyboards, (and TenTec gear, of course) it's hard to
tell who is talking if QSK is used.  Egad, we have unwittingly reached the
"cloning" stage for CW communicators...  Gulp!  :-)  (U notice I didn't say
"brasspounders"..... gee, I no see no brass anymore)  :-)

Perry  w8au

Perry   w8au