Re: [TenTec] boost mobile voltage?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] boost mobile voltage?
From: Clark Savage Turner <csturner@kcbx.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 06:33:33 -0700
Just a thought (though you may already have had the same thoughts, it
is worth a moment!)

1.  Check your power cables for voltage drop (improve them as a matter
of course)
2.  Check your power connectors for voltage drop (use a bit of DeOxit
or something on them)
3.  Measure the voltage somewhere inside the radio and also at the
power source to see exactly what the drop looks like, it could help you
find a simpler solution.

If I recall correctly, my Corsair (isn't this the one you have Bob?
:-) worked fine from a Marine Deep Cycle battery, even with the Herc II
attached (at full charge).  There may be hope that the Corsair should
hang in to reasonable voltages.  However, I've had a few Scouts around
and they are not so forgiving.

I believe the battery booster is a great idea regardless, but the
voltage drop is an easy problem to look for and cure in most cases!

Clark
WA3JPG