Re: [TenTec] boost mobile voltage?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] boost mobile voltage?
From: Bob Stephens <bstephens1@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 07:30:15 -0400
Please let me clarify this.

The 7 hr gel cell was only a test. I wanted to make one or two contacts to
see if it would be worthwhile to buy a larger battery. The fully charged,
almost brand new battery failed the test in the first minute.

The question has changed. I plan to purchase a deep cycle marine battery
tonight. The 90 amp hour version will be somewhat hard on my weak back,
although I could carry it around if I'm careful. The question now is :
would a 65 amp hour deep cycle marine battery power a Corsair for at least
5 hours in SSB assuming I'll be listening for at least 50 % or more of the
time?

73 -Bob KB1CIW