Re: [TenTec] boost mobile voltage?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] boost mobile voltage?
From: Bob Stephens <bstephens1@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 10:07:07 -0400
Hi Clark,

I'm a member of ARES and have been intrigued by the idea of  going with a
deep cycle marine battery.

I tested "our" Corsair with a fully charged 7 amp hr gel cell and got a
report of a little "flutter" that went away when I switched to the Astron.

I hope to be on the air mobile from CT in the upcoming NEQP and I think I
will get a deep cycle battery and the booster just to be safe.

I'm wondering - did you do much ssb with the battery or mostly cw?

When I key the mic on battery I can see some frequency searching on the
readout. With a power supply, the readout will stay stable about half the
time and will be a little unstable the rest of the time on transmit. The
readout is stable on receive, and then fluctuates a bit when keyed. Is that
okay?

tnx,
Bob KB1CIW

P.S. is anyone wants to sell a used booster, contact me off list.