Re: [TenTec] Omni VI and power supply occilation???

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI and power supply occilation???
From: "denton" <denton@oregontrail.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 09:23:04 -0700
Here are some other things I just remembered...
When the Omni quit on me the first time, at TT's suggestion I did some
signal tracing...
Using the 'scope, I had signal ampflication until the driver transistors...I
replaced them and had signal amp to the output of the drivers.
Local commercial electronics outfit said the finals would cost me about 200
bucks or a bit less and they would not be a matched set.
TT said they would replace the finals with a matched set and realing the
unit for that much bucks.
When I ran my diagnostics, I also noticed that the finals were not the mrf
458's that is indicated on the schematic, but were a pair of SC something or
other. From my observation it seems to me that the finals had been replaced
before I got the rig.