Re: [TenTec] Real Time Beacon Monitoring

To: kg6tt@tomorrowsweb.com,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Real Time Beacon Monitoring
From: Dudley Hurry <jhurry@austin.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 10:00:45 -0500
Jerry and others,

I noticed in your email that you are looking for a solution to listen to
the beacons real-time, well some software control programs can
already.    One that I use is TRX-Manager.  I will control most of the
TenTec radios, but just about any other radio that has a computer
interface.   One of the really neat features is it's ability to
automatically switch to the correct band and freq for each of
the  beacons.   You can lock on a particular location and watch it switch
the radio from band  to band to follow that beacon or stick to a particular
band and watch it move your antenna to the correct heading for the beacon
(your rotator better be quick, a single beacon will not be on very long).

You can get a demo copy at :

http://www.trx-manager.com/

I am not affiliated with TRX Manager except I have been a long time user..
But I also use :
N4PY
HamStation
Ham Radio Deluxe