Re: [TenTec] RFI question for Orion and other TT rigs

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RFI question for Orion and other TT rigs
From: "GARY HUBER" <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 07:45:08 -0500
One "easy" way to reduce the "RFI in your shack" is the old time counterpoise.
Just a quarter wave length of wire for each band, connected at the ground post
of your transceiver and then strung out along the baseboard. I've used a
multi-conductor cable, like rotor cable, all conductors soldered together at
the termination, but with each conductor a different quarter wave length and
the excess wire removed. It works even when the ground rod below the desk
doesn't.

73,

Gary - AB9M