[TenTec] RFI question for Orion and other TT rigs,

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] RFI question for Orion and other TT rigs,
From: Lee Crocker <w9oy@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 05:40:53 -0700 (PDT)
I think if you transmit into a dummy load and suffer
RFI it is the radio that is at "fault".  If however
the radio passes this test I think one should look to
the instalation of the radio, and strategies to reduce
RF in the environment.  Every broadcast station in the
country has to deal with this issue, why do hams think
when they build a station they should be exempt from
RFI?  It is the nature of transmitters to cause RF in
the environment.

I have owned 4 Ten Tec radios over the years and
didn't find any of them to be overly sensitive to RFI.
 I have found certain mic combinations which needed
massaging to get them to work properly, but that's the
nature of ham radio, applying your talent and
knowledge to make your station work the way you want.

73  W9OY