[TenTec] Zero beating aids?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Zero beating aids?
From: Dale Saukerson <dsaukers@mn.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 21:30:18 -0500
Way back about 1978 or so....I built a couple of different circuits
from either QST or 73.

One was a simple audio filter tuned to 750 Hz. A LED would indicated
a received tone equal to 750 hz.

The other was an audio frequency generator set to 750 Hz. You would
audibly beat that against a received tone. If the tones matched, you
had only one tone to listen to. If they did not match, you would get
both sum and diff and an audible warbling.

I know I used them with my HW-101. Don't remember if I used them with
my Corsair or '745.

Any of you remember something like this? (I no longer have my
archived magazines).
They were probably OP-Amp circuits.

Thanks,
Dale Saukerson