Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI and fast switching amp hook up ?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI and fast switching amp hook up ?
From: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 21:05:20 -0500
Hank,

Let TXOUT pick the antenna relay of your amplifier.  Then also have TXOUT
wired through an unused normally open contact of the amp antenna relay.
Then bring TXOUT back to the Omni VI TXEN line through this normally open
contact and you have everything just fine.  Now with this setup the Omni VI
cannot transmit without both TXOUT active and the amp antenna relay picked
or energized.  There is really no solid state components to fail in this
path.  You may need a diode on TXOUT so it can be used to both pick the
antenna relay and return to TXEN for isolation on this path.

This is exactly how a QSK amplifier is wired for the tentec txen txout
scheme.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC