[TenTec] Best Headphones?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Best Headphones?
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 12:19:49 -0500
         Someone on the PVRC reflector tipped me
off to noise-cancelling headphones available
from CVS drugstores for $9.99.  They seem
to work quite well on Orion although the ear
cushions seem slightly small for my ears.

Specifications are:

Speakers:  40mm Dynamic Driver
Impedance: 32 Ohms +/- 10%
Max Power Handling: 100 mW
Frequency Response: 40 Hz to 20 kHz +/- 6 dB
Active Noise Reduction: >15 dB @ 300 Hz
                                      >5 dB @ 1200 Hz
Power: One AAA alkaline battery

They come with an in-line control with belt
clip, Power On/Off, Mute and Volume Control.

         At my CVS store, they were behind
the front counter with CD players.  At $9.99
I bought two!

                         73,  Bill  W4ZV