Re: [TenTec] TUNING, MATCHING, TUNERS

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TUNING, MATCHING, TUNERS
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 17:28:02 -1000
Scientists and engineers use words to describe reality as accurately as
possible. Salesmen and politicians use words to try to make things seem
more attractive than they really are. My preference is the science and
engineering style. Yes, I read Kurt N. Sterba, it is my favorite column
in Worldradio. Most of what Kurt says is really good and dispels
inaccurate myths about antennas. He also has written many accurate
descriptions of how an impedance matching device in that shack can tune
the whole antenna and feedline system, without changing the SWR on the
part of the feedline between the antenna and the matching device, and
then ends the discussion by saying something like "therefore it tunes
the antenna". That makes no sense to me.

If something is wrong, and many say it is right, it is still wrong. If
something is right and many say it is wrong, it is still right.

DE N6KB