Re: [TenTec] Orion II Frequency Stability Progress

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II Frequency Stability Progress
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 08:58:11 -0800
Keeping it on would fix the problem...but I'm sure it would eventually take
its toll on component life.  I ran across a Peltier device while I was
researching this, and very briefly considered pursuing that, but it was a
bit to sophisticated and costly, but a good idea anyway!

Easy enough to retune to the other station's frequency if they are off 20
Hz, but during a net it's kind of a drag tuning up and down all the time :-]

Ron
N6AHA