Re: [TenTec] Reflector is getting effective at killing sales

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Reflector is getting effective at killing sales
From: CATFISHTWO@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 14:16:07 EDT

In a message dated 4/17/2006 6:31:48 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
retire@means.net writes:

Re:  [TenTec] Reflector is getting effective at killing sales

> On  4/17/06, John Nason / NA9U <na9u@arrl.net>  wrote:
>>
>> However there is a difference between  discussing the
>> radios operations and leaving the non-Orion owners  the
>> impression the radio is flawed and not ready for  prime
>> time.

================================

Like I said before, lets make Sunday's  a "what I like best about my  Orion"
day, just good stuff, no complaints.  perhaps that will give folks  perusing
the reflector at least a chance to see all the good points about the  Orion.

what do I like, hmmm  it has big knobs for my big hands, the menu's  make
sense to me, I like the ability to set it where ever I need to so I  can hear a
signal, like in a contest I find my rf gain at 65 and my volume  up a bit and
the BW at 2200 and the pbt at -40 and this makes the folks sound  like they are
all 5 kc's apart and just waiting for me to work my way up the  band to work
them on S&P on ssb.

I also like the ease of working split. I like the fact there is no kerchunk
of relays on VOX so with the orion and the alpha 87a together you just talk,
no  klunks from either, just talk like they are in your living room.  no more
uhhh ahhh  to hold the relay up.

I like the sensitivity of the receiver and the ability to tailor my  transmit
audio. I like the 3 memories on voice and 3 memories on cw that I can
record,  so I push the button and have it send my CQ's for me. easier to  set
than
the voice keyer I have.

it is also a good looking radio.

so there is my Sunday list, even if it is monday.. HI hi.

if you are thinking about an Orion, buy it, you will like it.  I am  running
a original Orion and software ver 1.732, because I like the way it  works..

tom N6AJR