Re: [TenTec] 2.033

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 2.033
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 22:16:05 -0500
Yes, that is one way to do it, but you get highly correlated signal plus
whatever noise is on that frequency.  The other approach removes the
non-correlated noise leaving the signal alone ( or close enough for gov't
work.)   My DSP theory is not fresh in my memory any more, but the
discussions here about DSP only being a narrow filter does not map with
my experience in DSP.  Maybe it's old knowledge, but BW filtering doesn't
get the entire job done, it seems to me.

        73,  Duane