Re: [TenTec] Mobile CW

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Mobile CW
From: K4IA@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 09:43:39 EDT
I found the hardest part of learning to head copy was to throw away the
pencil and stop trying to write everything down.  We carry on a normal
conversation without writing everything down.  We takes notes of important
stuff that
is easily forgotten but we never write down every word.  Why is  code any
different?

Once I started head copying, it came very quickly.  I find my brain  starts
putting words together before the whole word is sent and that really  boosts
the speed and comprehension.  I still keep a clipboard handy to  write down the
calls.

Operate mobile CW and find it no different than talking to someone in the
car.  It is a whole lot safer than dialing a cell phone.

k4ia
Craig  "Buck"
Fredericksburg, Virginia USA