[TenTec] Triton IV, CW 245 Board, Prob & Fix

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Triton IV, CW 245 Board, Prob & Fix
From: "jdanter NE4TT" <ne4tt@mail2Cool.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 14:40:40 -0700
I haven't used my Triton IV in awhile, and figured the July 4th Holiday
would be a good time to put it on the air.

Checking out the functions, I experienced a terrible ringing and
feedback howl using the CW 1 receive position.

I don't have a schematic for the 245 board, so I expected the worse.

I did find the MC1747C chip was socketed, and the solder appeared
consistent with the other factory work on the 245 board.

Anyone else have a chip socket on their 245 board?

I cleaned the board connection pins and socket using lightly applied
Deoxit, although the pins and socket looked bright with no tarnish
visible.

Plugged the 245 board back in, and buttoned up the case.

After powering up the radio, I noticed the ringing has been fixed.

A big sigh of relief.
This is my second radio bought on the TT Discussion Board, and it is a
great performer.

Jamie NE4TT

 the FREE email that has everyone talking at <a href=http://www.mail2world.com
Email Storage &#150; POP3 &#150; Calendar &#150; SMS &#150; Translator &#150;