[TenTec] How to Fix the Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] How to Fix the Orion
From: "Kurt" <wa8vbx@wideopenwest.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 13:56:38 -0400
Well I have the perfect fix, take out the inners,(good southern talk), put
in a big generator, then 2 brass balls seperated about a inch apart, hook it
up to your local power grid and start throwing that big knife switch you
have to use and lets go back to spark.

As with any new tech, that comes out there will be growing pains and
pleasures. I do not have a Orion (can't afford one yet), but I do own a Argo
505 and a Jupiter and love it (either you do or don't). It's not the perfect
radio and either is the Orion and probably the Orion II, but what radio out
there could not use an improvement or two, based on what you want.
Hey you can always buy a IC-7000 and watch tv on the monitor, instead of
operating the radio.

73
Kurt
K8YZK