Re: [TenTec] Orion Shaft Encoder Replacement

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Shaft Encoder Replacement
From: CATFISHTWO@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 14:15:24 EDT

In a message dated 7/13/2006 7:49:21 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
w2wg@comcast.net writes:

The RIT  encoder on my Orion I has failed and the factory is sending me a  new
one.  The front panel has to be "completely disassembled" to  install the new
encoder.  The meaning of this may be clear when I open  up the Orion, but I
would appreciate general or specific guidance from  anyone who has done this
before starting.  Is the procedure documented  somewhere?  If you know of any
be carefuls and make sure you don't do  somethings I would appreciate those
as well.

look at the  pictures for the sweep mod and you will see most of  it.  you
have to take the board down farther but the pic's are good (I  think its on the
TT site with the mod.

tom N6AJR