[TenTec] New Orion II owner

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] New Orion II owner
From: "M. Todd Miskel" <kt0dd@bresnan.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 08:30:25 -0700
Hello, I just ordered a new Orion II today and was wondering if someone on here
who is a successful SSB weak signal DXer could give me some settings to start
with on the agc settings, DSP etc. to use as a good starting point for weak
signals on 40/20/17m Sideband. Also some settings to start with to reduce very
strong nearby SSB stations (within 2 khz) on 75 meters, as I may want to start
running a net that has interference from strong nearby stations. I know
everyone is different, But I'd like to try something that has worked well for
someone else first as a beginning. 73, Todd - KT0DD