Re: [TenTec] code speed

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] code speed
From: Curt Gamble <W0ALC@Mindspring.Com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 05:30:22 -0700
W8AU,

Well we had CT's (communication technicians) then whose sole purpose was
to monitor all circuits
including ours so think that was kept in check.  I know one of those CT
types as he is a good ham
friend in AZ.  I am sure some stuff might have gone on briefly but
busting rank tends to stop it.

While the shoulder patch for Navy radioman looks the same I think
radioman are now called
communication technicians or something like that.  Last year in Dayton I
talked with one
at the MARS booth

When I finally received my 160M WAS award back in Ohio in early 1970's
(as K8IBQ)
 I recall that my Kentucky contact was K4FU.  It is funny how one
remembers certain things.

A ham friend of mine, Jim  and I were both in the same high school
English class and during a test
(multiple guess) Jim started tapping out with a pencil a query to one
question in the multiple
guess test.  Pretty soon a 3rd pencil started tapping out  "this will
not work".  We both
darn near died and the teacher was in hysterics laughing at us.  The
rest of the class was
clueless.  This great English teacher still communicates via email as
does the ham friend.  Yes!  he
was on of those WW2 Army Signal Corps CW guys.  We tell this story over
and over at each reunion.
                                  73,  Curt   WØALC in Western CO at
minus 2.5 deg