Re: [TenTec] OMNI V 500 hz. filter

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI V 500 hz. filter
From: "Donald L. Schliesser" <donjan7@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 17:02:25 -0600

I have 4 filters in the 6.3 Mhz. IF: 2.4, 1.8, .5, .25.  They all work
but the 500 hz. has less output than the 250 hz. - even when I adjust
the PBT and FADE/BP controls for max gain.  Gain is probably 25% or so
less, but definitely noticeable.  Could one of the crystals in the
filter have drifted?  Or be bad?  I have tried "exercising" the
connections by plugging and unplugging the filter, per Don Prouty in the
Ten-Tec service dept.  Is this a fixable problem by sending back to
Ten-Tec?  Since their hourly rate is $60, maybe I would be better off
buying  a used one for $60-70 including shipping.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, Donald, K6RV