Re: [TenTec] Argosy 525 question

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argosy 525 question
From: Gerry Pement <ve7bgp@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 00:14:30 -0700
Hello Mark

I just became a proud owner of a Ten Tec Argosy myself and I really like
this fun little radio. I checked mine SN 761 and the very quiet noise
floor does not change when you change the power setting switch on the
back of the radio. I am listening to it on 40 cw as I am typing this
out. Maybe yours is a very early Argosy with the high noise floor and
needs one capicator value changed. I need to change the AGC constant Cap
in mine then I will have a Great go anywhere radio. I got a Circuit
Breaker on order for mine it is not a Airpax but found a Tyco
W67-X2Q50-10 Magnetic Hydraulic Circuit Breaker that is fast acting like
the Airpax. I hope that helps Mark.

73
Gerry VE7BGP