Re: [TenTec] Argosy 525 question

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argosy 525 question
From: jmalloy <jmalloy@stny.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 09:46:57 -0400
> I just became a proud owner of a Ten Tec Argosy myself and I really like
> this fun little radio. I checked mine SN 761 and the very quiet noise
> floor does not change when you change the power setting switch on the
> back of the radio. I am listening to it on 40 cw as I am typing this
> out. Maybe yours is a very early Argosy with the high noise floor and
> needs one capicator value changed. I need to change the AGC constant Cap
> in mine then I will have a Great go anywhere radio.

I think this may a good point to break in and ask: does anyone know
where one can find a dual 10K potentiometer for use in an Argosy?  I'd
like to do the mod to install an "RF" gain control.  I've got one now,
but it's external to the Argosy; it would be much better to have it
internal.

Also: are the diodes mentioned in the KW7CD article still available?
(They're spec'd as HP 5082-2800 and HP 5082-3081)  If not, does anyone
know of substitutes?

Thanks very much!  That Argosy is a great little rig even without the mods!

73,

Joe, W2RBA