Re: [TenTec] ten tecs have 100 watts out on carrier??

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ten tecs have 100 watts out on carrier??
From: "Bill Harris" <W7KXB@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 14:11:35 -0700
John:
Some rigs have to lower their output power if they are going to operate single
or double sideband with carrier.  This is so not to exceed the output power
rating of the final device/s upon 100% modulation.  Ten-Tec's 100 watt output
is not reduced because they do not operate ssb or dsb w/carrier, except for the
Orion model.  Not sure about the new Omni VII.

Regards
Bill Harris w7kxb