Re: [TenTec] K4VUD & Titan 425

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] K4VUD & Titan 425
From: "Carter, K8VT" <k8vt@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 12:54:32 -0400
Jim Brown K9YC wrote:
>  On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 21:49:12 -0400, Ron Notarius W3WN wrote:
>
> > he is less than satisfied with the answer(s) he's gotten from Paul
> > Clinton at the factory.
>
>  I am equally unsatisfied with Paul, who I have found both excessively
>  glib (as Charles did) and quick to add up a big bill, but I've had
>  great advice and support from the bench techs who work on their power
>  amps. Anyone having a problem with Ten Tec gear who wants to work on
>  it themselves would be well advised to bypass Paul and go straight to
>  the bench techs. They are VERY helpful, and are a major reason I feel
>  good about Ten Tec products and service.

Well, I would tend to agree on all counts above. I think the bench techs
are an absolutely -wonderful- resource. However,  a few years ago when I
was getting RF into my Omni 6+ on SSB, Paul wanted me to move my
antenna. Unfortunately, it's on a city lot, the house is quite firmly
set in place and ditto the trees the antenna is attached to.
Furthermore, I told him I had radios of other manufacturer that worked
in the same spot on the desk, using the same antenna, that had no
problem. Made no difference -- his answer was "move the antenna". STILL
can't use the radio on SSB. Must be why I like CW so much!   :-)