Re: [TenTec] K4VUD & Titan 425

To: mkhess@kias.org,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] K4VUD & Titan 425
From: "Douglas Shock" <douglas.shock@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 13:17:57 -0600
Here's some better icing on the cake. When I called to discuss NR concerns
on my Orion II some time ago I was told there were no issues. My comment
then was why were so many people on the tentec reflector concerned about the
same issue as I was. I was told (no names) that tentec didn't read the
reflectors as they got tired of all the whiners who could never be made
happy.

I should have sold my OII at that point. I have since lost my compassion in
the hobby and could almost care less these days. A lot of it has to do with
all the promises made with the OI and OII which were never delivered, and
the bullcrap support from Paul. Paul's favorite explanation on why I heard
distortion in the headphone audio was that I wasn't using 1950's comm
headphones. It turns out that it was something to do with the input level.
Set it to medium and the problem went away.

I think there are many of us who are just plain sick of it.