Re: [TenTec] K4VUD & Titan 425

To: <mkhess@kias.org>,"'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] K4VUD & Titan 425
From: "Duane Calvin" <ac5aa1@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 20:00:35 -0500
Paul is one of the techs, in fact the lead tech, and he happens to be the
Orion guy.  I've had very satisfactory dealings with him in the past on a
number of occasions.  Do I wish they'd get the final fixes out on the Orion
I?  Yes.  Do I understand why they're so late? No!  But, I've not had a
major operating issue - still a few bugs remain, and I'm not real happy with
the DSP artifacts with the latest firmware, but it's still the best radio
(including the issues) that I've used, and I've used some of the "best" on
the market.  The K3 will be interesting to try out, I bet.

        73, Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas
www.ac5aa.com