Re: [TenTec] Orion Repaired and Back to V1.373b5

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Repaired and Back to V1.373b5
From: veast1 <veast1@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 14:28:13 -0800
Might i say that the + version of the OMNI VI is a fantastic radio.  I
admit i did put in the INRAD roofing filter option and did the simple
mod for the SSB audio, and now the rig is just ... well ... fantastic
(at the risk of being redundant).  My situation is that i have a ham
exactly 8 blocks away from me.  My former software rig totally blocked,
the whole band, dead, as in having the same effect as hitting the power
button.  With the UNMODIFIED Omni VI+ i only heard a bit of scratch if i
was within about 15 to 20 khz.  Now with the filter .... 10khz .... no
problem.  So, may i humbly suggest that a VI+ sould be on your list?

73 - Paul (N6MYA)