Re: [TenTec] Orion Repaired and Back to V1.373b5

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Repaired and Back to V1.373b5
From: Steve Berg <wa9jml@tbc.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 14:03:36 -0600
After reading this thread, I have concluded that I will avoid any radio
newer than an Omni VI (non plus) like the plague.  I started out in Ham
Radio with a rockbound Knight T-60 transmitter and a Command Set
receiver.  After that experience I have come to love the high
performance and reliability of my older Ten Tec equipment and am
supremely happy with the company's extensive support of it.  I still
have my old Drake and Gonset equipment to use as a backup.

Great competitors seem to be able to win with less than optimal
equipment.  G. David Tubb once won a national rifle match with a box
stock Remington 700 rifle.  When someone asked the late Mike Hailwood
how the latest Honda 6 cylinder racing motorcycle handled, he replied
something to the effect of, "...like a bloody camel."  Honda about had a
collective stroke from the negative publicity, but Hailwood continued to
win races and championships on their machinery nonetheless.

Enough already.

73,

Steve WA9JML