Re: [TenTec] Orion Repaired and Back to V1.373b5

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Repaired and Back to V1.373b5
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@tx.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 10:47:55 -0600
You'll perhaps observe that many of the people with issues have not yet sold
their Orion 1/II's :)  Some have of course, but then there's always some
niggle somewhere, or something new and better on the dealer shelves no
matter what you buy or when. Sometimes that shiny new little radio (seems
"little" is hot at the moment) may be better in one way or another or maybe
not but the placebo effect guarantees you'd like it better.

I maintain that if the radio you have meets your needs, why eat the
depreciation on that one so you can eat depreciation on the next one, which
will also end up in the "dirt" category when the NEXT something is
announced.  I think of it as akin to the trophy wife syndrome ;)

Grant/NQ5T