Re: [TenTec] Nother' discovery about the Corsair & Titan

To: <Gary@doctorgary.net>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Nother' discovery about the Corsair & Titan
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 13:03:53 -0600
WOW.  OK then I'd first suspect that the Vcc from the power supply might be
enough different to cause about 10% or so power difference.  That could be
also due to DC cable lengths or connectors.  Then too, there is a Power
Setting  pot in the Omni V and VI and VI Plus as well as others that does
make the difference in output.    I'd expect the radios to show 100 watts
+/- 10%.  However even with a +/- 10 watts or so of drive with the 425 that
makes a lot of difference in output vs. drive.

Frankly I'd say the Corsair needs to be looked at as the power seems too
high.   The numbers on the Omni V look about correct.  This is based on the
measurements I've made and the ones I've repaired.    I normally look at the
power output on all the bands, then select the highest one and adjust for
about 10% above 100 watts.  That usually takes care of the power on 10M
which is typically the lowest.

 As long as you used the same power measurement device, cables,
configuration and such,  then the comparison is reasonably accurate for
these discussions.

73
Bob, K4TAX