Re: [TenTec] Home brew RF power attenuators

To: <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Home brew RF power attenuators
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 22:14:15 -0600
Fair Radio Sales for some of them.   Mouser for some and Surplus Sales of
Nebraska.  Although the latter is a bit pricey but they do have the parts
and values often needed.  They also have some non-inductive values of
slightly higher wattage.  I've found these to perform good up to about 30
MHz or so.  Probably best to check with a bridge to see if any resonance
exists near the intended operating frequency.

http://www.surplussales.com/Resistors/CarbonComp/Res-CarbonComp_5.htm

In some cases I use the Pi configuration.  I find easier to mount components
thus being two BNC chassis connectors on a small metal plate, a resistor
from each center pin to ground and a resistor between the two center pins.

73
Bob, K4TAX