[TenTec] Headphone amp (was, Heil headphones)

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Headphone amp (was, Heil headphones)
From: John Unger <w4au@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 10:14:24 -0500
I, too, suffer from low headphone volume (compared with the speaker) from
my Orion I. But why build something you don't have to? My solution was to
use a Behringer HA400, description from web below.

I have no interest in Behringer, blah, blah, etc., etc.... The box is
inexpensive, ~$20.00, well made, works great, and is a nice addition at FD,
etc., when you want some beginners to listen in for a while before operating.

Of course, YMMV...

73 - John, W4AU

"Mini to the max! You can use this super-compact stereo headphone amplifier
with practically all headphones-four of them at the same time, to be exact!
For example, you can let up to 4 different people in your studio listen to
the main mix while the recording is being made, and each listener can
determine his own volume level using the dedicated output level controls.
The HA400 contains 4 high-power stereo amplifiers that maintain the highest
sonic quality even at maximum volume levels. Ultra low-noise 4580
operational amplifiers are included for outstanding audio performance'these
are the same op amps found in "full-size" audio equipment -- plus, a DC
12-Volt adapter is included."