Re: [TenTec] 425 titan

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 425 titan
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 09:52:28 -1000
> The E was the export model.  I would guess that the rest of the world
> doesn't have the CB'ers to contend with.

The whole world has CB'ers to contend with. The difference is that not
all of the world's regulatory agencies choose a policy that penalizes
law abiding radio amateurs in an attempt to deal with a problem caused
by CB'ers who are ignoring the law anyway.

The ban on 10 meter capability of amplifiers was no doubt one of the
reasons that Ten-Tec discontinued the 405 amplifier. It was also an
impediment to Elecraft's 100 watt upgrade to the K2.

One could make comparisons with gun registration laws, wherein law
abiding citizens are burdened with regulations that cannot stop outlaws
from breaking the law, but I digress.

The ban on 10 meter capabilities in commercially available amplifiers
has been changed lately, has it not? What are the details now?

DE N6KB