Re: [TenTec] K3 vs Orion One

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] K3 vs Orion One
From: "Barry N1EU" <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 09:35:22 -0400
On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 9:02 AM, fraz1 <fraz1@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Charles.....
>
>  Exactly why I sold my K3 and kept the Orion.  But, I could hear the
> difference as well.  And, the s l o w and low SSB output was also an issue.

The K3 ssb output issue was fixed in the previous firmware release.

FWIW, I own both and enjoy using both rigs.  IMHO, the Orion does a
few things better and the K3 does a few more things better.  The
steady, rapid improvement of the K3 firmware has been most impressive.
 The K3 is a small radio with a small display, and that alone will
rule it out for many users.  If small is not a problem for you, the K3
has too many positive things going for it to be ignored if you're
considering a new radio.  If you're considering a used radio,  the
Orion is unbeatable.

73,
Barry N1EU