Re: [TenTec] K3 vs Orion One

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] K3 vs Orion One
From: "Arthur Lewis" <wa8vsj@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 14:34:44 -0400
Charles....

I have an Orion one and really like it. It is the best rig I have ever owned and I aim to keep it for sometime. However, I remember all the complaints about the Orion when it came out and all the different firmware versions that were tried.

I think the K3 is going through the same firmware correction period and I have no doubt that Wayne and the crew at Elecraft will have most of the problems solved in the near future. BTW I use version 2.062 and I find that I like the stable factor more than the noise reduction improvement.

I guess the bottom line is they are both great rigs and Ten Tec has been out a bit longer and has had more time to correct the firmware problems. The final chapter as to which is best is yet to be written.

         73 Art WA8VSJ
----- Original Message ----- From: "fraz1" <fraz1@bellsouth.net>